Where to Donate Used Items for Families in Need in Costa Rica

Where to Donate Used Items for Families in Need in Costa Rica


I have been contacted a few times regarding used items for donation. I have also arranged a few pick-ups for local families in need, churches and facebook groups. I have decided to write this blog because there are so many families in need. Many expats, like us (immigrants) come to Costa Rica with so much stuff, only to want to get rid of much of it after living here for a year or so. Once we begin to live life more simply, we realize much of the extra stuff is redundant. After all, our experiences mean more than our stuff and so many people live without necessities daily.

So I have compiled a list of items often neglected. I will happily assist the pick-up and donation efforts within the Central Valley. Unless otherwise requested, I will arrange to deliver the items to local families in my neighborhood, local churches and/or facebook groups I am affiliated with. The few times I have been contacted, it is because a family has needed to move away fast and they have too much stuff to know what to do with. I gather things around my house every few months and give to local familes in need. I suggest "Spring Cleaning" year round, as it is a great feeling of accomplishment and can benefit someone in need. Feel free to contact me directly to arrange a pick-up. To do so, private message me through facebook at Costa Rica Happy. Thank you for your support. Here is a list of items always in need.
  • Toys
  • Books
  • Clothing (adult and children all ages)
  • Shoes
  • Bedding (blankets, sheets, pillows)
  • Towels
  • Rain Gear (umbrellas, boots, jackets, hats)
  • Pots, Pans, Dishes, Kitchen Items
  • Trash Cans, Plastic Containers
  • Furniture
  • Tools
  • Cleaning Supplies
  • Groceries
There are also many groups associated with Animal Shelter / Spaying / Neutering and Volunteer work that I like to provide with donations. They are always in need of funding and I can provide you with a list of contacts for private donations. Below is a list of items they need. 
  • Blankets
  • Dog Crates
  • Cat Crates
  • Office Supplies
  • Office Furniture
There is no greater gift than giving. Spread the word and contact me if you know of a family in need. Pura Vida!


go to link download